Sunday 27 April 2014

No hablo español – I don’t speak Spanish.

Back at the beginning of this tactile printing quest, I needed to contact Juan Torre to ask for his help. I found his website easily enough, clicked “contacta”. I started my email by writing “Lamento que escribo en Inglés; espero que puedan entender o su traducción.” That means, or at least Google Translate tells me it means: “Sorry I’m writing in English; I hope you can understand or have it translated.”

I got a lovely email back from Juan, in fine English but with apologies for any mistakes. Since then, to communicate, I have my emails translated into Spanish by Zied and Cécile, French friends in my Brittany village or Zied’s mum, Cristina (who is Uruguayan). Juan replies in Spanish, which I translate using Google again, helped with an understanding of what I think Juan wants to say.

This is Juan’s latest email, along with my interpretation. Rather than try and correct this, via French, if any of you readers speak both Spanish and English, perhaps you’d like to help improve my version. Leave a comment below or email me.

¡Hola Stuart  (Pretty easy, so far: “hello Stuart”)

Juan Torre, a big friend of Clive's project
Estoy informado de la ampliación que se está haciendo en Durero y en contacto con Cristina. (I’m in contact with Cristina Velasco and know of the work being done on the image at Estudios Durero)

Por supuesto que cuando terminen haremos un video de la imagen de Clive tocándola y contando mis sensaciones, espero que sea pronto. (Of course, when it is finished, I will record a video for Clive of me touching the image and telling him what I think of it. I hope it is soon.)

Sigo el blog y le veo con muy buen ánimo a Clive, un fuerte abrazo para él y a Wendy. (I follow the blog and I see Clive in good spirits. A big hug for him and Wendy.)

Viendo las excelentes imágenes en macro que ha hecho Marcus Sarko, hablando de los diferentes relieves y las sensaciones que pueden provocar, te envió un link de mi web. Seeing the excellent [macro] images that Marcus Sarko took, and talking about the different reliefs and the sensations that they can provoke, I send you this link to a page on my website.

Donde aparece la foto de Aziza en el tamaño de la exposición (120 X 80 cms) en la delegación de ONCE  de Cantabria, hay otros ejemplos en fotos y vídeos de las distintas ciudades que va recorriendo este proyecto "imágenes para tocar" donde la imagen se hace forma y la forma hace posible la conversación delante de una fotografía, entre los ciegos y los que no lo están, entre los que tienen una buena visión y los que nos queda un resto visual. Imágenes para todos. (In the exhibition of ONCE Cantabria, Aziza's photo is displayed at 120 X 80 cm. There are other examples in photos and videos in the different cities that this project, Images to Touch”, visits. The images [rendered] in shape and form, enable a conversation in front of a photograph, between the blind and the sighted, between those who have good vision and those of us with partial vision. Images for everyone.)

Enhorabuena por el trabajo y la sensibilidad que estáis demostrando!!! (Congratulations for the work and sensitivity that you are showing !)

Saludos y un abrazo (Greetings and a hug)
Juan Torre

No comments:

Post a Comment