Thursday 10 April 2014

Why is the Spanish tactile image so expensive ?

Here's why: 

Didú en el Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao from Estudios Durero on Vimeo.

This is what's happening to Clive's photo of Dave Howe.

Cristina Velasco, project manager at Estudio Durero, emailed me today to say, 

"Now that I know more about all your project I would like to know more details about your next step, the exhibition, maybe we could collaborate in some way, I know that our Didú images aren't cheap but we could study the whole work and make a proposal for you, this is a very emotional project and Didú was born for that, to make art accessible to everyone, also visually impaired people. As soon as I have any images [I have asked for photos showing stages in the printing process] starting the project I'll send them to you so that you can post them, it is a great project and we are really proud of contribute with our work."

The video is of their project for the Fine Arts Museum in Bilbao. Emmy-award winning documentary maker Andrew Smith is interested in our project, so here's hoping he'll be making a similar video of Clive's upcoming exhibition in Sheffield!

No comments:

Post a Comment